PUNK IT UP -SPLASH
Release your spirit animal with a splash! Nothing better to celebrate the day…
STEP 1. ITEM PREPARATION:
Always prepare the surfaces and test the colour application on a small part of the surface. Cover the surroundings with biodegradable dust sheets or other left-over materials from your recycling.
- Not much to do. Just attach your canvas wedges for optimal stretch and make sure to fixate it good to the wall.
- Make sure that you have enough space and your surrounding is very well prepared. Colour throwing leaves definitely a mark.
- TIP: If you applied art masking fluid, you can remove this carefully after the paint has dried. You can uncover the protected white if the paint layers are not applied too thickly. We created a branded VIN + OMI x Daler-Rowney wall.
STEP 2. CREATIVE DESIGN:
- We prepared acrylic water colour bombs simply by mixing System3 Acrylic Ink with water in a plastic bottle from our recycling. Create the colour mixture to your liking and attach the water balloon to the bottle neck. Squeeze the bottle until the balloon is nearly full and make a knot. Repeat as often as you have the patience for before going for the big splash.
- Repeat the same procedure with your water gun or super soaker. Premix the ink and water to your preferred ratio and fill the container with it.
- In addition, we filled glass jars with diluted System3 Acrylic to create texture and colour highlights.
- Enjoy the process of your colour madness!
Once you are done with your upcycling, don’t forget to show us your result using #paintloud. More about health and safety here.