PUNK IT UP – GROW
FLOWER POT UPCYCLING
Bored of your brown flower pots? Even plants grow better in a creative surrounding and we can show you how.
STEP 1. ITEM PREPARATION:
Always prepare the surfaces and test the colour application on a small, inconspicuous area first. Cover your surroundings with biodegradable dust sheets or other left-over materials from your recycling.
- Remove existing paint from your terracotta flower pots by using a fine sand paper and apply a base coat of System3 Gesso Primer with a brush for best results.
STEP 2. CREATIVE DESIGN:
Splash and release you inner Jackson Pollock!
- Reuse glass containers from your recycling and clean them for colour mixing.
- Think about your colour design first, then mix and match the colours to your liking. For a more controlled splashing, we would recommend System3 Acrylic due to its medium flow attributes; if you want to go wild, System3 Ink or FW Acrylic Ink might be a better option for you.
- Using your brush, start to splash colour onto the pots. The faster the movement, the straighter the lines. Overlay splashes to create different textures and height with your colour splashes.
- Knowing when to finish is the hardest part of every piece of art, so we’ll leave it to you to decide this for yourself.
- Apply a coat of Acrylic Soluble Matt or Gloss Varnish to your finish your flower pots for outdoor usage.
Tip: Of course, you can also create a realistic, abstract, or impressionistic piece of art on your plant pots. There are no limits. Use paint, marker, glue, paper, or varnish as much as you like.
Once you are done with your upcycling, don’t forget to show us your result using #paintloud. More about health and safety here.